Cell turnover slows down after age, due to which dead cells make the skin look dull. Getting glowing skin is not as difficult as we think. The habit of exfoliating the skin is beneficial for the skin. Today in this article, we will tell you the right way to exfoliate your face.
Do this first
To exfoliate the skin, you should choose a product according to your skin type. There are different exfoliators in the market for every skin type. If your skin is sensitive then you should use gentle face wash and scrub. Exfoliators made of alcohol damage the skin.
Scrub your face like this
- First of all clean your face with a mild cleanser. Now wet your face and apply a little scrub on the skin. Rub the face in circular motion, so that the dirt present in the skin gets cleaned. Massage the face with the scrub for at least 1 minute. Keep in mind that does not use excessive scrub on the face.
- Now wash your face with clean water. Wipe the skin with a clean cloth. Don't rub; just blot the towel onto your face.
- After exfoliating the skin many times the skin becomes dry. That's why you should moisturize the skin after scrubbing. Use facial lotion. If your skin is dry, then use a thick lotion. If your skin is acne-prone, then you should apply oil-free lotion on the face. Massage the face by applying moisturizer.
How often to exfoliate?
If you exfoliate your face daily, it will keep your skin healthy, but you should scrub your face only 1-2 times a week. If your skin is sensitive then you should exfoliate the skin only once a week.
When to exfoliate the skin?
There is a right time to use anything. Otherwise, there is not much benefit. That's why you should know what to use on the skin. The best time to exfoliate the skin is in the morning. Skin renews during the night. So scrub the skin during the morning, so that the dead skin is removed.
Benefits of exfoliating the skin
- Exfoliating the skin unclogs the pores. Blackheads, whiteheads and pimples can occur due to clogged pores. That's why you must use the scrub on the skin.
- If your skin remains clean then there will be no pimples and acne on the skin. For this reason, also the skin should be exfoliated.
- If you want the skin care product to fully benefit your skin, then face scrubbing is also necessary for this.
Image Credit: Freepik