Sweet Potato Pie: You are fed up with eating simple sweet potatoes, so now make this tasty sweet potato pie. Even children will be able to eat it comfortably and that too without showing tantrums. You can try this dish for dessert after dinner.
-450 grams sweet potato
-150 grams of condensed milk
-1 tbsp sugar
-1 small egg
- a pinch of cinnamon
- marshmallows to garnish
-350+ extra grams of flour
-1 tsp salt
-275 grams butter
-5 tbsp ice-cold water
-1 egg, mashed
1. Bake the sweet potatoes until they are completely soft. They should be very soft, after that cool them, remove the peel, and then make a paste by mixing the pulp.
2. Combine the paste with the remaining ingredients and whisk well till everything becomes a smooth mixture and there should not be any lumps.
3. Pour the filling into your crust and bake (about 50 minutes to 1 hour). Be sure to let it cool, then refrigerate overnight.
For Pie Dough:
1. Firstly, in a food processor, blend the salt and flour well.
2. Cut the butter into evenly sized cubes, place them evenly over the dry ingredients in your food processor, and then mix in a little at a time.
3. Do this process until the dough becomes hard and wet and there is no flour left. This may take some time.
4. Now take out the dough and place it on a heavily floured surface. Add cold water to it, spoon by spoon, stirring gently to make sure it is all absorbed.
5. Now divide the dough into two parts (one for the bottom of the pie and one for the top) and roll both pieces into discs. Wrap these discs separately in cling film and keep them in the fridge for at least two hours.
6. When you're ready to bake, take out the dough and roll it out in one direction, on a very floured surface. Flip it gently but not too much like a chapati.
7. Place the dough on your baking pan, making sure to round it all the way around, hang it over the rim, and pierce it all the way around with a fork.
8. Put your filling in the dough and then open the second disc, in the same way, to make a crust for the top. For a sweeter pie, you can even make a wonderful criss-cross lattice design if you'd like.
9. Lightly brush the top of the pastry with egg (this egg wash will give your pastry a wonderful golden sheen) and top with the dough cut into quarters. Bake in preheated oven until golden (about one hour at 400°).
10. Your sweet potato pie is ready to serve.