Many people rely heavily on processed foods and snacks. Among these people, I am also included. Cold drinks or other processed foods you name it, I am ready to eat anything. These things also contain added sugar, which increases the limit of our daily calorie intake.

Because of this, I have experienced many changes in my body over the years. Experts also say that excessive use of sugar can be the reason for your obesity and many chronic diseases can surround you.

Author and award-winning nutritionist DrVishakha is very active on social media and shares much health-related information.

In one of his posts, he has told why you should not use too much sugar. Let us know in this article why the consumption of sugar is harmful to us.

Why you should not eat sugar

DrVishakha tells that it is addictive. It lights up the same receptors in your brain that cocaine does. This is also the reason for your obesity. This leads to an increase in adipose cells, which are fat cells, in your body. These cells contain cytokines which are inflammatory markers. This is the root of all diseases, so eating sugar can be harmful to you.

Disadvantages of eating too much sugar

Now we have learned from the experts why it should not be eaten. Now let's know in detail about the disadvantages caused by it.

If you consume sugar in any form, it will only harm your health. Sugary drinks are rich in fructose and this works to increase your appetite. Due to this, your cravings increase and by consuming such foods, your weight increases.

Heart disease risk

High-sugar diets are linked to an increased risk of many diseases, including heart disease. Consumption of excess sugar not only increases obesity but also increases the risk of heart diseases like high blood pressure and inflammation.

Wounds take time to heal

Continuous consumption of sugar also takes time to heal your wounds. Control your blood sugar, as this is a major factor in how quickly your wound heals. It stiffens your arteries and narrows the blood vessels.

The risk of type-2 diabetes may increase

It is a condition in which your body uses sugar as fuel and regulates it accordingly. This sugar is called glucose. A high-sugar diet causes insulin resistance, which is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes.

Acne can be the reason

Consuming sugary foods can cause an increase in blood sugar and insulin levels, which can increase androgen secretion, oil production and inflammation. All these things become the cause of acne.

Does this mean you can never eat sugar again?

DrVisakh says that it is not that you cannot eat sugar. You can eat sugar but avoid making it a daily part of your diet.

More importantly, follow the 80:20 rules. Eat 80% clean and for the remaining 20% eat whatever your heart desires whether it is sugar or fried. You will be healthy.

Image Credit: Freepik


Your skin and body are as different as you are. We endeavour to bring you correct, safe and expert-verified information through our articles and social media handles, but still, you must consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.