You must have noticed that many times hiccups start coming while eating or drinking something. Sometimes, it shuts down within a minute. But it bothers some for hours. This can happen due to eating too quickly, eating too much, eating dry things, eating spicy food, getting something stuck in the throat, etc. Apart from this, the problem of frequent hiccups is also due to digestive disorders, stress and metabolic problems.
If you have hiccups frequently and for a long time, do see a doctor. But, whenever hiccups trouble you, you can try the remedies mentioned here to get instant relief. Fitness expert Juhi Kapoor is sharing this information.
Apanavayu mudra for hiccups
Apana Mudra is named after 'Apana-Vayu'. Prana is called 'energy' in Yoga and Ayurveda and 'vayu' is a Sanskrit word, which means wind. While doing this mudra, two mudras together become 'Earth and Sky'. Akash Mudra cures diseases related to the heart, lungs, ears and throat. Prithvi Mudra provides strength to the body and removes the deficiency of all vitamins and minerals.
Experts say, “Apana Vayu Mudra gives relief from hiccups. This is a tried and tested recipe that works every time. Not just for hiccups, this mudra helps in keeping many other diseases at bay.
- Sit down by straightening your back.
- Keep both hands on the thighs.
- Then place the index finger on the thumb.
- Join the corner of the thumb to the middle and ring fingers.
- Keep the other two fingers straight.
- Breathe slowly and focus on the breath.
- Stay in this pose for 10 minutes.
- This mudra removes the toxic elements from the body.
- Keeps the heart healthy.
- Removes stomach gas.
- Reduces negative thoughts.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Strengthens the body.
- Removes headache.
- Removes restlessness of the body.
- Calms the mind.
- Cures problems like Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Removes problems related to teeth.
- Gets rid of gas-related problems.
- Reduces the problem of varicose veins.
- The immune system is also better.
- Blood circulation can be corrected.
Other ways to get rid of hiccups?
- Drink water.
- Put your mind elsewhere.
- Shock or fear also stops the hiccups.
- Suck on a slice of lemon.
- Keep a spoonful of sugar in your mouth.
- Hold your breath for a while.
You can also stop hiccups immediately with this pose
Image Credit: Shutterstock &Freepik