Our body is very special and it does a variety of things that seem common to see but are very complex. For example, our body can repair itself. The healing process may seem simple, but it involves several reactions within the body. Keeping these characteristics of the body in mind, many types of beauty treatments are designed which can make our skin young and reverse the ageing process.
One such procedure is the vampire facial. This facial is designed in a different way in which beauty treatment can be done using the plasma and blood of our body.
If you find this a bit strange, then let us tell you about it.
What is Vampire Facial (Platelet Rich Plasma- PRP)?
Vampire facial is a beauty treatment in which plasma is extracted using platelets from our body and treated with it on the face, throat, abdomen or other parts of the body. For this, blood is usually drawn from the arms and then plasma is separated by a process.
The nutrient-rich plasma is then injected into the treatment area.
Some time ago when the picture of Kim Kardashian's vampire facial was leaked, the demand for this facial had increased a lot.
Is it only for the face?
The answer is no, Aesthetic Physician, and Dermatologist Dr Saru Singh has shared information related to this on his Instagram account. According to him, this facial can be done anywhere. If someone has the problem of acne and stretch marks, then it proves to be even more effective. It also removes old stains very well.
What are its benefits?
Dr Saru Singh has also told the benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma. According to Dr Saru, this facial is beneficial for these things-
- Improves skin texture.
- Reduces Inflammation.
- Repairs tissue.
- Promotes new skin cells.
- Increases collagen production.
- It makes the skin tight and firm.
- It lightens the problem of dark circles.
How is this facial done?
The process of doing vampire facials or PRP is a bit different. To do this these things are followed.
- First of all, numbing cream is applied to the area to be treated. So that the skin can become numb and the effect of the injection is not much.
- After this, a little blood is drawn from the arm.
- The blood is then spun in a centrifuge machine for 5 minutes to separate the components of the blood.
- The nutrient-rich plasma is then injected into the treatment area either directly or through a microneedle.
For what things can this facial be done?
If you want to get this facial done, then it can prove to be very helpful for hair loss, scar treatment, skin anti-ageing etc. This facial is also very good for removing wrinkles.
Some things you should know-
If you are thinking of getting a vampire facial, then always keep some things in mind.
- It is less painful than it looks.
- This is a non-surgical procedure that can remove wrinkles.
- It is also effective and only your body's blood is used in it.
- It can suit people of all ages and skin types.
- But many people also have side effects from it and swelling has been seen in their skin.
- Some dermatologists do not recommend getting it done keeping in mind the skin and health condition of the individual.
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.