Along with face primer, lip primer is also essential for beauty, it also gives you some benefits. Let's know the essential things about lip primer.
Applying a face primer is very important for the makeup to last longer and for your foundation to be applied smoothly. Similarly, it is also necessary for you to apply lip primer. Why so? Because it makes your lipstick last longer. Women often have this one problem that their lipstick disappears by the end of the evening.
If you want this not to happen then lip primer can be a good option. You've probably heard of lip primer, but is it that important? That's what we will learn here. Before starting the article, let us tell you that in this article we will tell you-
- What is Lip Primer?
- Why is lip primer necessary?
- How to apply lip primer?
- What are the benefits of lip primer?
- How to choose lip primer?
What is Lip Primer?
Lip primer is a cosmetic product that is applied before lipstick, lip liner, or lip gloss. Think of it as a kind of base foundation for your lips, which helps your lip color to last longer. Lip primers come in many forms, including primer pencils, crayons, and lipsticks.
Why is lip primer necessary?
Lip primer, like face primer, fills in small lines on the lips, creating a smoother surface for applying your lipstick. It protects your lips from damage and makes them soft.
How to apply lip primer?
- It is important to exfoliate your lips well before applying lip primer. It helps to remove dead skin cell build-up, which will make your lips smoother and the color will apply well after lip primer.
- Apply moisturizing lip balm after exfoliation to keep your lips hydrated.
- After this, apply lip primer on your lips. To apply lipstick, apply a thin layer of primer to your lips.
- After this lip liner after lining the lips, apply your favorite lip color.
What are the benefits of lip primer?
- This makes your lipstick or lip color last longer without smudging and fading.
- If your lipstick starts to spread by the end of the evening, you can prevent this from happening with a lip primer. This will prevent your lipstick from spreading outside the lips.
- Do creases form around the lips or do fine lines bother there too? Lip primer fills in fine lines and creases.
- Dry patches are formed or chapped on the lips. Lip primer takes that hassle out too and you get a smoother base.
How to choose lip primer?
- Make sure that your lip primer has a creamy texture. Lip primer's job is to create a smooth base for your lips, so its creamy texture will help with this.
- Choose a lip primer that provides sun protection. SPF 15 will protect your lips from UVB rays.
- Matte lipsticks can be very drying. Your lip primer formula should contain ingredients like Bee Wax and Castor Oil, which make your lips soft.
- Always choose a transparent lip primer or choose a primer that matches the natural color of your lips.
- Buy a multipurpose primer that you can use for lips as well as eyes.
We hope this article helped you understand why lip primer is necessary. Lipstick is not only meant to last all day but it can also be used for many reasons. Although it is completely up to you whether you want to apply it or not.
Image Credit: freepik, amazon &beautybridge