Whatever we eat has a direct effect on our health. To keep the skin healthy, our food needs to be healthy. If your diet is not balanced, and your gut health is not good, then no matter how many skin care products you use, the skin cannot glow. If you are under stress or there is a lack of nutrients in the body, then its effect is visible on your face. Healthy, Everyone wants to have spotless and glowing skin, but for this, they do not pay attention to their diet. For healthy skin, some things should be specially included in your diet because they are very good for skin health. Dietician Manpreet has given information about one such drink on his Instagram account, by drinking which you can get healthy and glowing skin. Manpreet has named this smoothie a collagen kick smoothie. Let us know what are the benefits of this smoothie and how is it made.
Why is collagen important for the skin?
Collagen is a type of protein. It is considered to be very good for making the skin tight, flexible and glowing. Due to its deficiency, the problem of pimples and wrinkles in the skin increases and the skin starts losing its tightness.
Why is this smoothie healthy for the skin?
- Milk contains calcium and vitamin D. It increases the production of collagen in the skin and improves skin tone.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are found in abundance in Chia seeds. They increase skin elasticity by reducing inflammation.
- Oats contain amino acids that reduce skin inflammation by increasing the production of collagen.
- Sattu powder is a good source of protein. It is helpful in collagen building and improving skin health.
- Vitamin E is found in peanut butter. It protects the skin from free radical damage.
- Cinnamon helps in collagen production by increasing the blood flow in the skin.
Method to prepare -
- Milk - 200 ml
- Peanut butter - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 pinch
- Oats - 2 tbsp
- Chia seeds - 1 tsp (soaked overnight)
Method to use-
- Blend all other ingredients except chia seeds.
- Sprinkle chia seeds on top.
- Your drink is ready.
Image Credit- Freepik