Are you troubled by the yellowing of teeth?
Are you afraid to smile because of yellow teeth?
Looking for natural ways to whiten teeth?
Can't find plastic and toxin-free tooth powder?
So you do not need to worry because today we are telling you about such a powder that you can make at home in a few minutes.
Our DIY Whitening Tooth Powder contains bentonite clay, activated charcoal and turmeric to help naturally detoxify and whiten teeth. Plus there's bicarb to gently polish, sea salt to soothe, and mint for freshness.
Charcoal powder for teeth whitening is good for maintaining oral health and hygiene. With the power of activated charcoal, it helps to remove stains and discolouration and helps to achieve the natural shade of teeth. It helps to keep your smile beautiful, bright and white.
Ingredients of Charcoal Powder for Teeth
- Activated Charcoal –1 tsp
- Bentonite Clay - 2 tbsp
- Bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- Pure, unrefined sea salt - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - as required
Since this recipe includes bentonite clay and activated charcoal, please do not store it in metal containers or containers with metal lids.
How to make
- Put all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Mix with a non-mental spoon until well combined.
- Grind dry leaves and mix in them.
- Sieve to mix ingredients and achieve a finer texture before placing in the bottle.
- Store and seal in a small glass jar.
How to use it?
- Using a small, non-metal spoon, take a small amount of the powder.
- Keep it in your mouth.
- Wet your toothbrush.
- Use the powder around the teeth and gums.
- Brush as usual and wash thoroughly.
Provided you do not add water to this powder by dipping it in your wet toothbrush, the powder's shelf life will be up to 12 months.
Benefits of Charcoal Powder
- Detoxifies the mouth and restores the whiteness of teeth naturally.
- Helpful in removing tooth cavities, stains and yellowness.
- Keeps gums, enamel and teeth healthy and strong.
Benefits of Ingredients in Charcoal Powder
- Activated charcoal has detoxifying and whitening properties and helps keep teeth feeling clean and smooth. Activated charcoal can also balance the pH level of your mouth, prevent cavities and kill bacteria present in tooth decay and gingivitis.
- Bentonite clay works to eliminate toxins from the heavy metals in your mouth and is rich in minerals that can nourish teeth and gums.
- Bicarb Soda is a natural cleanser that gently polishes and whitens teeth. It is less abrasive than most commercial toothpaste.
- Turmeric acts as a completely natural cleanser and is antibacterial, deeply cleansing and whitening. This will not make your teeth yellow!
- Sea salt is rich in minerals that nourish teeth and helps heal irritated gums.
- Mint leaves are anti-bacterial and antiseptic and can relieve pain, making them beneficial for infections of the mouth and gums.
However, this powder is made from natural ingredients and does not have any side effects. But still, before using it, do a patch test once. Also, keep in mind that you do not have to use it on the teeth too fast because doing so can damage the teeth.
Image Credit: Shutterstock & Freepik
Your skin and body are different just like you. We endeavour to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.