Rohini Vrat is the only fast which holds an important place in Hinduism as well as in Jainism. The Rohini fast observed in the month of Vaishakh is considered a symbol of good luck. In such a situation, let us know in detail about the date, importance and method of worship of this fast from astrologer expert DrRadhakant Vats.
When is Rohini Vrat 2023
Rohini Vrat is being observed on the Tritiya Tithi of Shukla Paksha of the month of Vaishakh. Tritiya Tithi will start on 22nd April, Saturday and end on 23rd April, Sunday. In such a situation, Rohini fast will be observed on 23 April.
Significance of Rohini Vrat 2023
In Hinduism, Rohini Vrat is observed for the long life of the husband, while in Jainism, Rohini Vrat is observed to get the blessings of Mother Rohini and Lord Vasupujya. The special thing is that men also follow this fast in Jainism. It is believed that keeping Rohini fast increases happiness and good fortune increases the life of the husband and maintains love and harmony in the family.
Pooja method of Rohini Vrat 2023
Jain worship method
- In Brahmamuhurt take a vow of fasting after taking bath etc.
- Install five gems, copper or gold idols of Lord Vasupujya and Mother Rohini.
- Then worship Lord Vasupujya and Mother Rohini and meditate on them.
- Offer flowers, fruits and sweets to Lord Vasupujya and Mother Rohini.
Worship of Hinduism
- Get clean after bathing in the morning and wear clean clothes.
- Take a vow of fasting in front of Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Meditate on Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Give a bath to Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Offer Kalava to Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Apply Akshat to Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Offer clothes, flowers, fruits, sweets etc. to Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Chant the mantras of Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Offer food to Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Sing the Aarti of Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini.
- Distribute the bhog of Lord Shri Krishna and Mother Rohini in the form of Prasad.
Rules of Rohini Vrat 2023
- Rohini fast is a very difficult fast. In such a situation, once it is kept, there is a law to follow regularly for three, five or seven years.
- If it is not possible to observe a fast for three, five or seven years, then every year on the day of fasting, with full devotion, feed fodder to the cow and food to the needy.
Image Credit: freepik, shutterstock
Your skin and body are as different as you are. We endeavour to bring you correct, safe and expert-verified information through our articles and social media handles, but still, you must consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.