Kitchen towels are a necessity in every kitchen. From cleaning the countertop to wiping the utensils, we use kitchen towels. Even whenever women work in the kitchen, they need kitchen towels in some form or the other. In such a situation, it becomes necessary that you clean and organizes the kitchen towel properly. If it is dirty, it will make the whole kitchen a mini house of bacteria. At the same time, if you leave it like this on the countertop, then even your kitchen looks unorganized and messy.
You may find this to be a very normal thing, but these small tips can help you and your home to be more healthy and organized. It is generally seen that women keep kitchen towels on such aside after finishing work in the kitchen, but this method is not right. Now the question arises that how to clean and organize the kitchen towel, so today in this article we are giving you some great ideas-
Know how to clean
First of all, we are telling you about the steps to clean the kitchen towel-
- Firstly, you should wash them regularly. Even if you wash clothes once a week, you can easily hand wash kitchen towels every day.
- To clean them, dip them in a bucket of hot water and vinegar for about 15 minutes. In this, you also add about 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Both these ingredients easily remove any smell present in your kitchen towel.
- If your kitchen towels are white, you can add bleach to them when you wash them.
- Use lukewarm water only while washing kitchen towels.
- Squeeze them by hand after washing them or put them directly in the dryer to remove excess water.
- Let them dry in the sun and make sure your kitchen towels are completely dry before use.
- Also, when you're not using them and they're slightly damp, hang them instead of on the countertop. Never hang kitchen towels on top of each other as this will make it difficult for them to dry and air completely.
Also, every month boil water in a large pot and place a kitchen towel in the boiling water for about 5-7 minutes. This will kill any remaining bacteria and remove the smell.
Know how to organize
- When you are organizing kitchen towels, you should first think about your kitchen space. For example, you can keep kitchen towels in cabinets or they will require separate baskets, etc.
- If you are keeping kitchen towels in the cabinet, then roll the washed kitchen towels to organize them and keep them one after the other in the cabinet. This way it will be easier to organize and use them.
- On the other hand, if you are keeping kitchen towels in the basket, then instead of rolling them, they can also be kept folded. It looks pretty good too.
- On the other hand, if there is a space problem in your kitchen, then you can hang a basket on the kitchen wall and the kitchen towel can be folded there.
Image Credit- Freepik