The festival of Basant Panchami is celebrated with great devotion all over the country. This festival is also known as Saraswati Puja. It is believed that from this day the spring season arrives. It is a Hindu festival which is considered a symbol of prosperity in life.
This festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the month of Magh, hence it is known as Basant Panchami. The festival of Holi also begins with this festival. Goddess Saraswati gives us wisdom by worshipping Saraswati on this day.
It is also the time of the year when yellow mustard flowers start blooming in the fields. Because of this, the environment starts to look very beautiful. Let us know from astrologer Pt. Ramesh BhojrajDwivedi, when will the festival of Basant Panchami be celebrated this year, what is its importance and what is the auspicious time for worship?
Basant Panchami date
According to the Hindu calendar, the festival of Basant Panchami is celebrated every year on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha of the month of Magha. On this day Goddess Saraswati is worshipped according to the rituals. It is believed that Mother Saraswati appeared on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha of Magh month. This day is also celebrated as the manifestation day of Mother Saraswati. This year this festival will be celebrated on Thursday, 26 January.
Basant Panchami auspicious time
- Magh month's Panchami Tithi begins: on January 25, 2023, at 12.34 pm
- Magh month's fifth date ends: January 26, 2023 at 10.28 am
- Auspicious time for worship: January 26, 2023 from 7.12 am to 12.34 pm
- Since Basant Panchami will fall on January 26 in UdayaTithi, therefore it will be auspicious to celebrate this festival on this day and get the benefit of SaraswatiPujan.
Significance of Basant Panchami
Basant Panchami is also known as Shri Panchami, Madhumas and Gyan Panchami. The worship of Mother Saraswati is especially fruitful on this day. From this day the spring season begins, so the importance of this festival increases manifold.
On the day of Basant Panchami, there is a law to worship Mother Saraswati by law and offer yellow flowers to her. Not only this, if you worship mother in yellow clothes and offer yellow food items in bhog, your wishes will be fulfilled.
No auspicious time is required to do any auspicious work on the day of Basant Panchami. On this day, programs like ShaadiVivah can also be completed without Muhurta. This day is considered especially beneficial for doing auspicious and auspicious work.
Basant Panchami Puja Method
- On the day of Vasant Panchami, wake up early in the morning and wear clean clothes after taking bath etc. If possible wear yellow clothes.
- Install a picture or idol of Mata Swaraswati by spreading a yellow cloth on a clean post.
- Bathe the mother's picture or idol with Ganges water and adorn them with clean yellow coloured clothes.
- Offer yellow flowers, Akshat, turmeric, yellow gulal, incense, lamp, etc. to the mother. Decorate the mother with a garland of yellow flowers.
- Apply turmeric tilak to Mother Saraswati and worship her.
- Perform aarti of Saraswatiji and offer yellow ingredients like yellow rice, gram flour laddoos, yellow sweets etc. in bhog.
- On this day you can also perform Havan after worship and distribute Prasad after Havan.
According to this method, if you worship Mother Saraswati on the day of Basant Panchami and offer yellow things to the mother, then her blessings remain forever.
Your skin and body are as different as you are. We endeavour to bring you correct, safe and expert-verified information through our articles and social media handles, but still, you must consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.