CBI has taken over the investigation of the Hathras gangrape case. The documents related to the case have been collected from the local police station, while on Tuesday, the CBI team can visit the crime scene.
Action has now started regarding the Hathras gang rape case. On Monday, the Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court heard the case, in which the victim's family expressed their pain in front of the court. On the other hand, the action of the CBI team will begin in that village of Hathras from today. The investigating team of CBI can visit the site of the incident today, where there will be an attempt to gather evidence.
CBI has taken over the investigation of the Hathras gangrape case. The documents related to the case have been collected from the local police station, while on Tuesday, the CBI team can visit the crime scene. Explain that the inquiry of SIT constituted by the state government is also going on in this matter, which got ten days extension.
High court's strictness during the hearing
Hathras incident was heard in the High Court on Monday. During this time, the victim's family recorded their statement in front of the court, alleging that the local administration conducted the funeral of the victim in haste without their consent. According to Seema Kushwaha, the lawyer for the victim's family, the court asked tough questions from the government representatives during which they had no answer.
The High Court was reprimanded for hurried cremation, manner of cremation, and not taking permission from the family. The debate will now begin on November 2 on the allegations made by the family. On the other hand, a hearing is to be held in the Supreme Court on this issue on October 15, where information will be given by the UP government about the safety of the family.
Important things related to the case:
• On September 14, a 19-year-old Dalit girl was gang-raped in Budhigarhi village of Hathras.
• After being admitted to the hospital, the victim made the allegations, the accused were arrested.
• On September 29, the victim died during treatment in a Delhi hospital.
• UP police and Hathras administration performed the funeral of the victim in a hurry that night. The family alleged that this happened against his will.
• There was a political ruckus on this matter, many opposition leaders including Rahul-Priyanka came to meet the family.
• UP government constituted SIT, in initial investigation action was taken on some police officers. After this, the conspiracy of riots came out on the pretext of the Hathras incident.
• Hearing is going on in the Supreme Court regarding the safety of the family. Meanwhile, Allahabad High Court took automatic cognizance of the case.