According to the Hindu calendar, the eleventh date of every month is called Ekadashi. In such a situation, every year, the childless couple observes Putrada Ekadashi fast for getting children and for its long life. This fast comes twice every year. Once in December or January and the second falls in the month of Shravan i.e. July to August. It is called Shravan Putrada Ekadashi. The first fast of Putrada Ekadashi for the year 2021 will be observed on Sunday, 24 January. It is also known as Paush Putrada Ekadashi or Paush Shukla Putrada Ekadashi. This can be kept waterless, fruitless, or aquatic. So let's know about the worship method and the story of keeping this fast ...
In this way, worship Paush Putrada Ekadashi fast
- Get up in the morning and take clean clothes after bathing.
- Then read Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram at home or in the temple.
- Do not eat grains and rice during fasting.
- Focus your whole day on Lord Bhakti.
- In the evening, worship Srihari with the rituals and sing aarti. After that, donate food, clothes, and Dakshina to the poor destitute people.
Chant this mantra
'Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya Mantra, Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram, Vishnu Ashtotram to get the unlimited grace of Lord Ji.' Chant the mantra.
So let us know the story of Putrada Ekadashi fast.
According to mythology, a king ruled in the kingdom of Bhadravati. His name was Suketuman. It is said that the king did not lack money or wealth. But he was always disappointed because he had no children. In such a situation, he sadly thought about giving up his life. But considering doing so, they did not commit suicide. But due to lack of mind in his kingdom, he left everything and went towards the forest. Seeing wild animals and birds there, wrong thoughts started coming into the mind of the king. In such a situation, he got depressed and sat near the pond. Near the same pond were the ashrams of sage sages. Then he went to that ashram. Then the sage sages rejoiced and asked the king his wish. Then the king told them the desire to have children. Listening to him, the sages told him to keep fast while describing the glory of Putrada Ekadashi. The king started the fast from the same day and passed it on to Dwadashi by law. Due to the fast of the king, the queen conceived after a few days and then received a son Ratna. Since then the practice of keeping this fast started.
Importance of observing Putrada Ekadashi fast
- It is believed that by keeping this fast and worshiping the child form of Lord Krishna, the child becomes childless.
- The problems related to children are overcome.
- The troubles of life are overcome and happiness comes into the house.
- It is said that worshiping Lord Vishnu with a true mind fulfills a desire.
- The child's life is long with his health intact.